XBOX 360 Halo 3 Odst, Sold Early In France, Ms Threatens To Ban Early Players?

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Oh, Bungie...you have a leaked game on the loose.

Yesterday a YouTube video was uploaded featuring a French guy unwrapping his brand new Halo: ODST copy for the whole world to see. In the video, it simply shows him taking it out of the package and showing it off. Apparently he purchased the game over the counter in a retail store. What's not legal is selling a game that's not due out for another four weeks. If you don't want the game spoiled for you anytime soon, I would not recommend searching anything Halo-related before the game is released on September 22, just to be on the safe side. Microsoft France has issued an official statement stating that anyone who is caught playing the game will ultimately be banned from Xbox Live. That's a tough blow.

Do you believe people who purchase games at a retail store should be punished for their actions or do you believe the retailer is at fault for selling the game to begin with?

I kinda think they SHOULD be banned. Come on... wait like the REST of us or DON'T show off... jeez! :cuss::evil::pimp:

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Update: The Head of Policy and Enforcement for Xbox Live Stephen Toulouse, has clarified the following:

"Clarity on the ODST thing. We will not be banning legitimate customers from Xbox LIVE who play early.
However, if you have Halo ODST achievements and haven't played the
game prepare for a gamerscore reset."