Role Playing Section-WHY DOES T STAY DEAD?

IBeatSephiroth

Jul 25, 2006
In your roof.. FEED ME!
Zenny
*Sigh* The RP section used to be so livley... Oh well. I think we need a new exiting (spelling is sucking again, lol) and original RP. I have been thinking of making a new Deltora Quest one, but it would take an extreamly long time to wright the history of DQ, and I don't have that long, so.. yeah.. Oh well..

Reactions: Daesy

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
what i think happens is that lets say we get an rp of 7 people. its starts off active and then all the sudden 3 people don't post in the rp for a few days. well the other 4 post and get 2 pages further. when those 3 come back they notice this and find themselves lost.

a good way to keep the rp section active would be to maybe have a thread to summarize what is going every few days, so people who don't ge a chance to post as often as others can read up on what is giong on so they aren't lost. when people get lost they lose interest, and i think that this is what is going on with the rp section.

Demon_Eyes Kyo

He holds the triforce of power
May 22, 2006
in a little place called "my own little world"
Zenny
Seddy, youre idea is a very good one, also in my opinion we not only need to have more interesting RP, but the rps need to be a bit more guided. I mean, yes in an rp a character is suppsed to be albe to do whatever they want but i've noticed that after a while most of the posters will end up by themselves doing something for themselves, and are completely separated from the Rpers. This in turn happens to more of the posters and soon you just have everyone off on their own side-stories, which eventaully kills the thread because the players lose interest.

When I create an Rp I try to not only come up with the backstory, but I'll come up with a general storyline for the actual rp, with my character progessing the story to that direction. This for me has not only created longer lasted role-plays, but also more in-depth and interesting ones, and Im sure that most of the people who have taken part in one of mine will agree. I think that if more thread creators atleast attempted this it, and im not saying you cant let the story alter a bit on the way, that threads would last alot longer and more people would try and get into it.

Also, not to offend anybody who has a thread of this type, but I usually dotn agree with non-original role-plays. They just tend to not be as interesting as originals. There are exeptions though.

and *hint hint* in a few days the sectin may have some more life in it... =P *hint hint*

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Some good suggestions everyone.

I have to agree with Seddy on the people getting lost. So much can happen in a few days, that when you get back to post... things have gone from one end to another total new side.

As for a new RP.. we should do one XMAS related... :D

Sergeant Dreamer

First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye
May 22, 2006
CLASSIFIED
Zenny
In my opinion, RPing is hard when the group doesn't understand the circumstances of the plot or how the story roles. That's just my opinion, I know I don't RP much but there is always room for improvement.

Hyuuga Neji

Apr 19, 2006
over there <^v>
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
i think one of the big problems is not enough people joining an RP
or people joining but not posting till like 3 pages in or not at all
then there are just RP's that some people don't like so no one joins
i think we need to have some sort of thread for an RP that like
People read and approve of before it becomes an RP and
people can make suggestions so that it's more along the lines of something they like
or maybe one where people all talk about what they want in an RP and like decide who will
write and lead the RP
and i gotta agree with seddy on the update every couple pages or so