PS1 Spotlight for October for and Retro Anniversary: Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero

www.psxa2z.com said:
Meet the ROOT of our Evil.
An all-new storyline takes the Mortal Kombat myth to a new level! Heart-pounding action and hours of exploration will immerse you in Mortal Kombat as never before!

* Features: Familiar MK fighting mechanics allow gamers instant playability as they encounter over 30 different enemies while exploring 8 new worlds.
* Digitized actors are combined with fully rendered 3D sprites and intermixed with intense realism to push your system to it's limits.
* Real-time 3D lighting effects envelop the characters with the game's fully texture-mapped 3D backgrounds.
* Detailed cinematic sequences and score, plus crisp, riveting sound effects, take you into the world of Mortal Kombat Mythologies like never before!

Gamespy said:
MK MYTHOLOGIES: Sub-Zero focuses on the popular MK character Sub-Zero, as it delves into his past with Scorpion, and how he got involved in the Mortal Kombat tournament. MKM plays like an MK game except that instead of fighting in the confines of an arena, you are free to run around the environment. The controls are identical to MK3, except that buttons for picking up items and turning around have been added. Sub-Zero's MK3 combos are available as are his special moves, which must be earned through experience points. You'll also get impressive FMV sequences that help tell the story and explain a lot of unanswered questions about Sub Zero's past.

Released Oct 1 1997......How old were you?

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
ahh this is gonna be like the mrotal kombat game thatefatured, lou-kang and whats his face with the big hat.. i wasn't big on that game.. i liked decpetion the best. it had a great story game.... armegeddon wasn't bad, but the story game was short and lacked substance. i hope this provides alot of detail into the charcaters world.. if this is a vision of things to come..they may make soem really good, mortal kombats based on the popular characters.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I hated MYTHOLOGIES.. wasn't it on N64. My cousins had it and you play as Subzero... I just hated it.

The whole concept of MK is it being a fighting came.. not some adventure off in the world fight with a midget looking character..

I was shocked that they would make MK into that type of game. It's great the way it is.

Although, MK's time is here and it's done. They need to move on and make something else, but some what similar still. Maybe new characters, stories etc...